Travel to Caño Cristales (without flights)
• Somos operadores locales: somos socios de un operador local que lleva toda su vida en La Macarena e inició con nosotros como guía y ahora es un pequeño empresario que se formalizó este año. Juntos hemos logrado crear la mejor experiencia de viaje para ti y las personas que te acompañarán.
• En Caño Cristales encontrarás una mezcla de ecosistemas que representan el refugio biológico de una parte muy importante de la biodiversidad colombiana, es un punto en el que convergen las regiones Andina, Amazónica y la Orinoquía.
• Esta expedición se desarrolla sobre tepuyes, las formaciones más antiguas del planeta que datan de ± 3.600 millones de años
• Esta región del país es hoy una zona de paz, de gente amable y trabajadora, que dejó de estar en conflicto y hacen uso de las bondades naturales de su tierra para desarrollar un proyecto de turismo comunitario y de conservación.
• Disfruta de refrescantes baños bajo cascadas de aguas cristalinas. Recárgate en una experiencia verdaderamente natural.
The journey will start in la Macarena at the time you have scheduled your flight (there are different ways to get there, just ask us!). Take some time to get comfortable at the hotel before we set off on our adventure, which starts with a 25 minutes boat ride along the Guayabero river, followed by a 30 minutes walk to Caño Cristalitos, a natural spa made up of a river of crystalline waters and natural pools, ideal for relaxing and taking in the surroundings. Lunch will be arranged. We will return to La Macarena, then we have dinner and spend the night in the hotel.
After breakfast, we will take a boat trip on the Guayabero River and then in a 4X4 vehicle to the entrance to Caño Cristales. We will visit different attractions on this incredible river, some of the places could be "Los Hoyos", "Los Pianos", "Piscina del Turista", "Los Cuarzos", "Paso de la Danta", among others (the places you will visit during your trip, depend on the sector of Caño Cristales that has availability). Here we can snorkel in natural crystalline pools, take photographs of this unique marvel of nature, enjoy waterfalls and admire the rare natural surroundings of the area (depending on the groups who have reserved during your dates, we will adjust the difficulty level of the tour and can also arrange a private guide if you prefer to go at your own pace. The additional guide is not included). At the end of the afternoon we will return to La Macarena for some rest before enjoying a special dinner, which will include typical food from the region “ternera a la llanera” (slow-cooked veal), “joropo” dancing and the region’s traditional music (subject to a minimum number of guests).
Setting off early, we will take a ground transport from the town towards a small river called “Caño Piedra”. The journey will be embellished by some of the destination’s most spectacular landscapes, including the vast plains, La Macarena’s mountain range and the Guayabero river. The morning will be spent relaxing in the river’s warm waters. An alternative option is to make the journey to Caño Piedra on horseback, which will take 3 hours (this carries an additional cost depending on the size of the group). The trip will also end at La Macarena’s airport (again, please ask and we can help you arrange your departure).
**This itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, order of Cormacarena or Parques Nacionales, or other circumstances outside of Awake.Travel’s control**
• Full meals: 2 dinners, 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts and a daily snack.
• Dinner for day 2 will be a very typical dish from this region of the country; we will be having "ternera a la llanera" (veal as cooked in the plains), accompanied by joropo dancing and music from the plains (this activity is subject to a minimum confirmed attendance on the date you choose to travel).
• Inland transportation for your whole trip (boats and land transportation).
• Accommodations for 2 nights in La Macarena hotel (private rooms with a private bathroom and a fan).
• 1 local AWAKE.TRAVEL guide per 7-person group. (Private guides are available for hire if you want a personalized tour. This will be charged separately, IT IS NOT INCLUDED).
• Travel insurance for your whole expedition.
• Costs of entry to Caño Cristales Reserve.
• Hydration during your expedition.
does not include:
• Flights to La Macarena (there are different ways to get there, just ask us).
• Personal expenses.
• Other unspecified expenses.
• La Macarena Mayor’s Office cost of entry to this town (Colombian $24.600 per traveller or foreigner $36.800 per traveller). – It may be previously included in your cost package to insure access.
Additional payments: these must be made beforehand alongside your booking in order to guarantee your entry to Caño Cristales.
• Right to entry, with CorMacarena. Children from 5 to 12: $13,500 COP / Colombian adults or foreign Colombian residents: $28,500 COP / foreign adults: $43,500 COP.
• Right to entry to the protected area run by the Colombian national parks grid. Colombians, Colombian residents or members of CAN aged between 5 and 25: 13,500 COP / Colombians, Colombian residents or members of CAN aged over 25: $28,500 COP / foreign adults: $43,500 COP.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.