Take a trip to Hato La Aurora, Casanare
• Looking for an off-the-beaten-track destination? Well, look no further!
• We will take you to see the Eastern Plains in all their glory! This vast region is one of the most biodiverse and water-rich areas on the planet.
• Taking a trip to this part of Colombia is immersing yourself in the region’s cattle-ranching culture, its wild and untamed landscape, all at the hands of local hosts who will share the traditions of the Plains - until they almost feel like your own.
• Keep in mind that this destination does not include any fixed itineraries, each day brings its own, unique adventure.
• The area is home to 390 species of bird, howler monkeys, titi monkeys, armadillos, deer, jaguarundis (small wild cats), numerous anteater species (including the giant anteater), caimans and plenty of other wildlife.
• You’re guaranteed to leave recharged and with a profound sense of relaxation and understanding of the importance of our relationship with nature. This truly is an unforgettable destination.
The trip begins in Yopal - it’s best to get to Yopal on the first flight in the morning (flights are operated by Avianca, Copa and Easy Fly). A 4x4 will pick us up from the airport and take us to the reserve (the length of the journey varies depending on the season - in summer it takes about 4 hours, while in winter it takes between 5 and 7 hours). Upon arrival at Juan Solito, we will check in to our rooms, have lunch and then get acquainted with the place and its facilities before marvelling at one of the Plain’s famous sunsets. We will have dinner in the reserve before getting everything set up for the next day’s activity. Keep in mind that this destination does not include any fixed itineraries, each day brings its own, unique adventure. Nothing is planned in advance - the daily activities will be tailored to the clients’ wishes, weather conditions and, above all, what nature wants to show us! And there is always a team of dedicated guides on hand to help find the most enjoyable activity for you!
One option for today might be a safari through Hato La Aurora, during which you can enjoy the sheer variety of wildlife on offer, including caimans, owls, deer, armadillos, anteaters, capybaras and a stunning myriad of birds. In the summertime, you might be lucky enough to find an anaconda in the wild! At the end of a day of wildlife spotting, we will have time to rest back at the cabins before having dinner at the reserve.
Another potential activity would be horse riding around the reserve - an ideal way to see some wildlife in their natural habitat, as the animals are unlikely to be scared away by the sound of horses. The activity will be led by an expert cowboy, who will gladly teach you about ranching traditions and techniques. During the excursion you will have the chance to spot white-tailed deer, wild boar, wild horses, numerous bird species, capybaras and much more. We would also recommend spending the afternoon taking a trip down the Ariari River, searching for wildlife on its banks. Previous visitors have spotted howler monkeys, anteaters and, of course, a stunning array of birds. After a long day with some of the best that nature has to offer, it will be time for a hearty dinner!
You might want to spend some time getting to know the ranching culture of the Plains by spending time with some locals in this wild and untamed landscape. Learn about the most longstanding traditions of the region, how to tame wild horses, how to lasso animals, how to make a traditional cattle rope and other tools - and everything else you could hope to know about this age-old culture which, thankfully, is conserved to this day. You’ll have the chance to watch and learn from the most skilled cowboys, hear the songs and stories of this land, and learn how the locals have managed to find a balance between keeping traditions alive and conserving nature.
Depending on what time your flight leaves Yopal, you can arrange an activity for the morning before heading back to Yopal (the journey takes around 4 hours in summer) or simply head back to catch your flight.
• Private transport in a 4x4 from Yopal airport to the nature reserve and back.
• 3 days of activities at the reserve, with local guides. Keep in mind that this destination does not include any fixed itineraries, each day brings its own, unique adventure. The daily activities will be tailored to the clients’ wishes, weather conditions and, above all, what nature wants to show us. That is the true charm of this unique place! Some of the possible activities include: jeep or tractor safaris, boat trips (with plenty of wildlife spotting opportunities, both in the river and on the banks), fishing, horse riding, hikes through the forest and savannah, searching for anacondas, a visit to the cattle ranch (where you can observe the traditional practices or get involved in activities), and plenty more.
• Accommodation in a private room with en suite bathroom. The rooms are basic and include a fan.
• Full board throughout your stay in the reserve (food for the journey between Yopal and the reserve and back is not included).
• Drinks (excluding alcoholic beverages).
• Travel insurance.
does not include:
• Transport from Bogotá to Yopal and back.
• Personal expenses.
• Other expenses.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.