Travel to Marashá lake
• This is the perfect voyage for travellers looking to enjoy truly intimate contact with the rainforest and its inhabitants.
• Immerse yourself in the Amazon rainforest, with your days here designed to give you a deep connection with your natural surroundings and a chance to explore the wonderful nature of this incredible setting.
• Spend your nights sleeping in cabins while you are surrounded by the night time melodies of the jungle.
• Catch on camera the stunning flight of the 486 bird species which have been registered in the area.
• Sample the region’s typical dishes and learn about the centuries-old artisanal techniques that have been preserved to this day.
• We will pick you up from Leticia airport. Please be aware that you will need to take a flight which arrives before midday in order to catch the last public boat of the day to the reserve where you will be staying. From the airport, you will be taken to the port to board a boat which will take you along the Amazon River to a private nature reserve. The journey will take about 40 minutes.
• Upon arrival at the reserve’s pier, you will board a canoe which will take you to the facilities. During dry season, when the rainforest isn’t flooded, you will walk for roughly 1.5 hours to the reserve with a local guide.
• Today you will have time to enjoy the breath-taking nature of the Amazon which surrounds the nature reserve, take a short hike or kayak around the Marasha lake. You will have lunch and dinner on the reserve.
• After breakfast, you will have a full day to enjoy the numerous activities available on the reserve: walks along nature trails, canoeing, animal and plant spotting, artisanal fishing, kayak trips and admiring the Amazonian Victoria regia, the world’s largest aquatic plant. You can also swim in the Marasha lake or take some time out in the relaxation area (a floating cabin with hammocks). Finally, there is the option to take a night safari to see caimans.
• After breakfast, you will board the boat which leaves the reserve for Leticia at 8:30 am. Your journey ends at the airport or your chosen destination within Leticia.
• Transport Leticia airport – Leticia port – Leticia airport.
• Boat transfer Leticia port – nature reserve – Leticia port.
• Accommodation in cabins or a private room (with a capacity of 1 to 5 people), with en suite bathroom (depending on availability, it may be a shared bathroom) on Marasha lake.
• Buffet style: two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners.
• Unlimited drinks (water, juice of the day, coffee, herbal teas).
• Once on the reserve, you will have the freedom to do all the activities you choose. Normally, we recommend 2 per day, but this totally depends on you. There are guides on hand all day to join you on each adventure. The available activities are: nature trails, artisanal fishing, night safari, canoe trip, animal and plant spotting and kayaking.
• Medical assistance insurance.
does not include:Transport:
• Journeys unrelated to the included activities and transfers to other places in the Amazon.
• Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
Not included activities:
• Zip lining in the jungle canopy: 80,000 COP per person.
• Unstipulated costs.
• Personal spending.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.