Travel to San Agustín
• Live the Archaeological Park of San Agustin, declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
• Discover all the attractions that are found in the surroundings of San Agustín: “Magdalena River Strait”, the Archaeological Museum in the municipality of Obando, the Archaeological Park “Alto de los Ídolos”, among many others.
We`ll arrieve to San Agustín and go to the hotel were we´ll spent the next nights. We´ll have lunch in a local restaurante and then we´ll go to the Archaeological Park of San Agustín. In the Park, declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, we will tour between 3 and 4 hours, visiting the tombs, graves and statues that remain from the Augustinian culture, we will visit the “Alto de Lavapatas”, “La Fuente de Lavapatas”, “Mesita C”, “Mesita B”, the “Bosque de Estatuas”, among others. Dinner will be free, so each traveler can discover this town.
We will take breakfast at the hotel and a private transport will take us to visit the archaeological and natural attractions that are located around San Agustín. We will visit: the “Magdalena River Strait”, the Archaeological Museum in the municipality of Obando (in this municipality, very close to San Agustín, we will visit a series of funerary urns, sacred monuments of the Augustinian culture) and then we will visit the Archaeological Park “Alto de los Ídolos” (after the Archaeological Park of San Agustin this is the second in importance, different vestiges of centers of religious and funerary rituals are preserved. It was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO). We will take lunch in the municipality of Isnos and then we will continue the tour towards the Archaeological Park “Alto de las Piedras” (here, the most representative statues or sculptures of the Augustinian culture and some tombs can be found). Finally, we will visit the Salto de Bordones (measuring 400 meters, it is the second highest waterfall in Colombia, the Bordones river that comes down from the Páramo de Puracé reaches this point and falls into the forest in search of the Magdalena river) and the Salto of Mortiño (this is another waterfall measuring 170 meters; the water of the Mortiño river slides on a rocky slab and forms a unique landscape). We will return to San Agustín and the night will be free.
After having breakfast we will make an expedition on horseback through other of the most representative attractions of the Augustinian culture, in a tour of 4 to 5 hours. The horses will pick us up at the hotel and we will enjoy a number of incredible scenery as we visit the “Tablón”, “El Mirador de la Chaquira”, the “Alto de La Pelota” and the “Alto de El Purutal”. During the tour we will encounter groups of ancient statues of various sizes, ceremonial centers and a natural environment that will accompany us all the way (if a traveler wants to go rafting on the Magdalena River, we can help to contract this service, but it is not initially included in the trip. Ask Us!). We´ll return to San Agustín, then we will have lunch in San Agustín and spend the afternoon taking a guided tour of this traditional Colombian town, we will visit the churches of the town, two streets of handicrafts, the Calle de La Locería, the museum of La Casa de la Cultura, among others. The evening will be free for travelers to discover this place.
After breakfast we could have a final walk trough San Agustín. End of the trip.
It includes:• Transportation:
- Private transportation San Agustin - Archaeological Park of San Agustín - San Agustín.
- Private transportation making the trip of day 5.
• Food during the trip: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches.
• Accommodation: 3 nights in a hotel in San Agustín: double, twin or triple rooms, with private bathroom (has an additional value for a single room).
• 1 local expert guide who will accompany the entire trip in San Agustín.
• Admissions to all attractions specified in the itinerary, on days 1, 2, and 3.
• Expedition on horseback during day 3.
• Accident insurance during the whole trip.
does not include:• Transportation to San Agustín (where the trip starts) and transportation from San Agustín (where the trip ends) - Ask us! We can help you to contract this transportation.
• Dinners on days 1, 2 and 3 (In Awake we believe in free spaces so every traveler can discover the destinations at his/her liking!)
• Additional activities: E.g. Rafting on the Magdalena River.
• Personal expenses.
• Other expenses.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.