Travel to Tatacoa desert
• Enjoy spending the night in small local inns, set in the heart of the desert, and spending time with your friendly hosts.
• Head to the Tatacoa’s astronomic observatory to learn about the celestial bodies – see them clearly in the dazzlingly starry night sky, free from light pollution.
• We will meet you in Villavieja. We can pick you up from the airport or bus terminal in Neiva for an additional cost. You will be taken on a tour of the town, visiting important sites such as the Palaeontology Museum and the Totumo Museum, dedicated to a fruit from the region which is used to make beautiful handicrafts. You will also visit the Valle de La Tatacoa theme park to be taken back to prehistoric times.
• At 6 pm you will visit the observatory, in the heart of the desert, to enjoy an interactive talk on astronomy, Greek mythology and a number of star-related topics.
• Your night’s accommodation will be in the town of Villavieja.
• After breakfast you will set off on your tour of the Tatacoa Desert. The 4-hour trip will take you to stunning natural settings like the Cusco labyrinths, Ventana, Los Hoyos and El Cordón, ending in a beautiful natural pool. You will have the chance to stop and buy traditional sweets, made with goat’s milk, cactus and aloe vera.
• You will then return to Villavieja, where your tour will end.
Please note: the order of the itinerary may change depending on the starting point of the travellers.
• Transfer Villavieja – observatory – Villavieja
• Transport to the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
• One night in Villavieja in multiple accommodation (subject to availability).
• One breakfast.
• Bottle of water for the walk.
• Local Spanish-speaking guide.
• City tour in Villavieja.
• Entrance to: natural pool, museums, observatory, Valle de La Tatacoa theme park.
• Travel insurance for the trip.
does not include:Transport:
• Transport to and from Villavieja. (There is the option to have transport between Neiva and Villavieja at an additional cost)
• Additional nights.
• Single accommodation.
• Activities not outlined in the itinerary.
• Entrance to places not outlined in the itinerary.
• Personal spendig.
• Unstipulated costs.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.