Travel to the Tayrona National Park - Pueblito, Cabo San Juan, Castilletes
• You will make a trip to the past, visiting the vestiges of the majestic and prosperous Tayrona culture, inhabiting the region since years before colonization and which is still alive today through the surviving tribes: Kogi, Aruhaco, Wiwa and Kankuamo.
• If you allow yourself this experience, you will experience a destination that is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, which comprises a range of bays, inlets, corals, mangroves and white sand beaches.
• You can find over 390 bird species, howler monkeys, marmoset monkeys, armadillos, red deer, jaguarondis, anteaters, among many other species of wildlife.
• Here you will be able to relax and rest on white sand beaches, while contemplating the sea and enjoying the tranquility of the sound of its waves.
• From here, we assure you, you will leave recharged with a deep sense of peace and awareness of the vitality and importance our relationship with nature deserves. A must-see destination!
We will meet at the entrance of El Calabazo, in the Tayrona Park, register in the office of Parks, and start our hike to the ruins of Pueblito. During the tour we will first hike uphill for 1 hour and a half through the rainforest, and then a descent until we reach the archaeological site known as “Pueblito”, an ancient indigenous settlement of the Kogi culture. During the tour our local expert guide will be interpreting the path, detailing aspects of the surrounding wildlife and flora, as well as of sacred sites and the indigenous cosmogony of the Sierra. Then we will continue the descent through an ancient archaeological path with large stones, until we reach Cabo San Juan (please note that you will have to carry the suitcase during this hike of approximately 3 hours, where you will have ups and downs. In the Tayrona there is an option of pack horses for this hike of the first day (ask us if you want us to include them!). The first day will end in Cabo San Juan; we will take lunch and have time to enjoy the best beaches of the Tayrona National Park. We will stay in a hammock or tent, depending on availability. Dinner will be free.
After breakfast, we will enjoy the nearby beaches of the area of Cabo San Juan: Playa La Boca del Saco, Playa del Medio and two hidden beaches. Then we will return to the facilities of Cabo San Juan for lunch and pick up our luggage. In the afternoon, we will continue this exploration of the Tayrona Park along the path leading from Arrecifes to the area of Cañaveral, where we will have the opportunity to see other beaches, as well as the mangrove forest and the tropical dry forest. We will visit La Playa, La Piscina and La Playa La Arenilla, where we can enter the sea (note that in this area of the Park horses are not allowed; each traveler will have to carry his/her luggage). Finally we will arrive at the area of Castilletes sector and La Playa de Castilletes, where we will be staying this night in a perfect setting for relaxation. Dinner will be free.
After breakfast, we will have the morning free to enjoy the beaches of this destination. At noon, after lunch, the trip will end.
• Accommodation: 1 night in a tent or hammock in the Tayrona National Park.
• Accommodation: 1 night in shared cabins, with shared bathroom, in the area of Castilletes (There is an option of private room with private bath, subject to availability. Ask us!).
• Full meals: 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
• 1 local guide of Awake.travel, specialist in the Tayrona National Park, during day 1 and day 2.
• Accident insurance during the whole trip.
does not include:
• Entrance fee to the Tayrona National Park (National Adult or Resident alien: 16,000 COP; children 5 to 12 and students with ID: 8,500 COP; foreign adult: 42,000 COP)
• Snacks and hydration.
• Horse rental for loading luggage during the hikes (this service is only available for the area of Pueblito; in the other areas, horses are not allowed in the Tayrona Park).
• Dinners during the trip.
• Guidance day 3 (the morning will be free and in the cabins of Castilletes you will be given indications to leave the Park after lunch).
• Sheet for the night in a tent in Cabo San Juan.
• Private transportation Santa Marta – Calabazo Entrance (Tayrona Park) / Zaino Entrance (Tayrona Park) - Santa Marta (we can help you with the hiring of this transportation. Ask Us!).
• Personal expenses.
• Other expenses.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.