Trip to Tatacoa desert
• Enjoy spending the night in small local inns, set in the heart of the desert, and spending time with your friendly hosts.
• Head to the Tatacoa’s astronomic observatory to learn about the celestial bodies – see them clearly in the dazzlingly starry night sky, free from light pollution.
• We will meet you in Villavieja. You will be taken on a tour of the town, visiting important sites such as the Palaeontology Museum and the Totumo Museum, dedicated to a fruit from the region which is used to make beautiful handicrafts.
• You will end the tour in a shop selling handicrafts and souvenirs. We will provide you with a 10% discount on your purchases.
• You will then make your way to your accommodation in the town, where you will spend the night.
• After breakfast, you will have some free time to rest or explore the town. In the afternoon, your adventure in the desert will begin, including visits to natural settings such as Ventana, Los Hoyos and Cusco, which is located near the observatory. You will also have the chance to enjoy a relaxing dip in a natural pool.
• During your trip you will have the chance to stop and buy traditional sweets, made with goat’s milk, cactus and aloe vera.
• At 6 pm you will visit the observatory, in the heart of the desert, to enjoy an interactive talk on astronomy, cosmology, Greek mythology and celestial mapping, as well as having the chance to observe the stars through a telescope. This activity takes around 2 hours and is subject to weather conditions.
• You will spend the night in rural accommodation in the heart of the desert, allowing you to enjoy the infinitely starry night sky.
• After breakfast you will be able to explore some the desert at your own pace.
• Today you will visit the Valle de La Tatacoa theme park, taking a trip back in time, with large, moving dinosaur models set in the midst of a native forest.
Please note: the order of the itinerary may change depending on the starting point of the travellers.
• Transport Villavieja - Tatacoa Desert.
• Transport to the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
• One night in multiple accommodation in Villavieja (subject to availability).
• One night in multiple accommodation in Tatacoa (subject to availability).
• Three breakfasts.
• Bottle of water for the walk in the desert.
• Local Spanish-speaking guide.
• City tour in Villavieja.
• Entrance to: natural pool, museums, observatory, Valle de La Tatacoa theme park.
• Travel insurance for the trip.
does not include:Transport:
• Transport to and from Villavieja. (There is the option to have transport between Neiva and Villavieja at an additional cost)
• Additional nights.
• Single accommodation.
• Activities not outlined in the itinerary.
• Entrance to places not outlined in the itinerary.
• Personal spending.
• Unstipulated costs.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.