Whale watching in Nuqui – Guachalito Beach - Termales
• You will have the opportunity to dive into a tropical jungle and watch the Yubarta whales migrating to the Colombian Pacific.
• Discover Nuqui, an epicenter for life, full of awesome beach hotels, tourist inns run by local communities, waterfalls in the middle of the jungle, never-ending beaches and an exquisite cuisine.
• Get to know the Termales community during this trip. Walk through the tropical jungle and get to "Cascada Cuatro Encantos" (Four Enchantments Waterfall) where you may take a relaxing swim in thermal waters.
• Take pictures of the Yubarta whales as they come to the Pacific’s warm waters to mate or give birth to their offspring, between the months of July and October.
• You will have free time to choose the activity that most suits your travel style; get to know other small towns in Choco like: Pangui, Coqui, Jovi, and Guachalito, among others.
In the morning we will arrive at Nuqui airport, where the trip begins. We will board a boat to reach the beaches of Guachalito, one hour away. We will check into a beautiful hotel on the beach, in front of the ocean. After eating a delicious lunch, loaded with Pacific flavor, we will go to La Cascada del Amor (Love Waterfall), near Terquito Beach, where the contrast between the beach, the rich tropical jungle, and two beautiful waterfalls, perfect for rest, will have us falling in love with a destination that will fill us with peace. As the afternoon comes to an end we will return to the hotel and have dinner there.
Early in the morning, after breakfast, a boat will pick us up and take us to "Cabo Corriente", one of the best places for whale watching in Nuqui. This activity takes approximately 4 hours. At noon we head to Termales town for lunch, and in the afternoon we will go for a walk to Cuatro Encantos waterfall; the trek lasts about one and a half hours. During the trek we will experience nature in the company of an expert, local guide. At the end of the day we may enjoy the thermal springs, the town’s main attraction, and then go back to our hotel on Guachalito Beach.
This will be a free-time day that every traveller may use to discover the location as they see fit (please remember food is included at the hotel). If you wish, we may include additional activities in Nuquí; we have a very comprehensive portfolio. Just ask us! (These are some of the activities we can offer: visit to the small town of Pangui, cooking classes at Coqui, short walks, among others).
After breakfast, a boat will take us to Nuqui depending on the time your return flight is scheduled for departure.
• Reception at the airport and transportation to Nuqui –Guachalito Beach - Nuqui
• Accommodations: 3 nights in a standard hotel located on Guachalito Beach (cabins with a private room; private or shared bathroom depending on availability).
• Full meals: 3 lunches, 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners (all meals taken at your hotel).
• Whale watching at Corriente Cape for approximately 4 hours and a visit to Termales town.
• Guided tour to Termales town.
• Guided tour of Las cascadas del amor (Love Waterfalls).
• Accident insurance during the whole trip.
does not include:
• Entry fee for thermal springs at Termales town: 12.000 COP
• Meals: breakfast the first day – lunch the last day.
• Tourism tax in Nuquí (you pay $8.000 COP in the airport).
• Flights to and from Nuqui (We may include this; we have flights leaving Bogota or Medellin. Just ask us!).
• Additional activities with AWAKE: Jovi River, Jurubira Thermal Springs, Coqui mangroves, cooking workshop at Coqui, traditional fishing, day-stay at Utria National Park, diving, snorkeling, surfing, among others. (Ask us!)
• Personal expenses.
• Other expenses.
Choose your dates
|Date id||departure date||arrival date||Price||Pre-book|
*The prices depend on minimal quota.